Friday 7 August 2015

I Like It In Here: Art Journal Page

This month, I have lots of family and friends visiting. It's going to be great to have everyone around. Hopefully, the weather will hold and we can enjoy the end of summer. So, I will be blogging less in August. I'll still be around so you can count on me for content on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. 

Earlier this week, I shared a scrapbook page I made using some new Faber-Castell Gelatos. While I was waiting for something to dry I decided to try them out on an art journal page. Colors used: Lemon, Aqua Dolce, Lime and Metallic Mint.


I pulled a gessoed page from a pile and some color. I like to swipe Heavy Gesso (Art Basics by Finnabair) with a palette on some pages and set them aside to dry. That way they're ready to go when I'm ready to create.

Then I added some Gelatos and blended with some water and my finger. (ps: Finger painting rules!)


I added a big patch of yellow to the middle of the page. This color is called Lemon but it reminds me of sunshine. I think it's going to be one of my favorites - even if it isn't blue.


Then I added some cheesecloth. I like to pull my cheesecloth to make it look uneven and distressed. Then I used a little Tombow Mono Multi Glue to hold it in place.


I added a modeling paste over the top of the cheesecloth through a stencil (Art Basics by Finnabair for Prima). The stencil is one of my favorite Donna Downey Signature Stencils - Alphabet Rerun.


Then I added my collage cluster using bits and pieces from my stash. I spritzed the bottom layers with some Tea Stain Color Bloom by Prima. I inked the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and a foam blending tool but I don't think it shows up very well on these photos.  I tore the words from some vintage book pages I have and stapled them in place using my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher.


Then I added a few splashes of Studio Calico's Mister Huey Hey Diddle, Diddle! It makes just the loveliest grey ink splashes.


The hardest part of this page was the collage cluster.  I'm still not sure that the scale is quite right or how I feel about the brown color. Right now, I want to change it - make it bigger and a different color. Instead, I'm going to live with it for a while and see if I can learn to love it as is. We'll see...

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment