Just last week, I expanded my collection of Gelatos by Faber Castell to include some glorious new colors...
I love new supplies especially when they help me use what I already own. So, I ripped open the package and made this page.
I have been using spray mists almost exclusively these days that I had forgotten how much fun it is to play with the Gelatos.They are so easy to use and blend.
Here's how I made my page:
1. Apply a piece of cheesecloth to a sheet of watercolor paper using gel medium (soft or regular work fine). Set aside to dry or dry with a heat gun.
2. When the gel medium is dry, add a thin coat of gesso. Set aside to dry or dry with a heat gun.
3. Pick the Gelatos you want to use and apply directly to the background. Just color them on like crayons. To make this page, I used Lemon, Lime, Aqua and Metallic Mint.
4. Blend the color using water and a paint brush or your finger. I used both but if you want to keep your hands clean - use a brush.
5. Keep layering and blending color until you're happy. Then set aside to dry.
6. Add your photo, journaling and embellish.
Here is a closer look at some of my favorite parts.
The journaling reads: Ben is a big personality in a small package. He is full of jokes, big facial expressions and drama. He is a sweetie, of course, but no pushover.
Here's to using new supplies and new colors!
Thanks for stopping by!