Monday 3 August 2015

Playing With Something New...

Just last week, I expanded my collection of Gelatos by Faber Castell to include some glorious new colors...



I love new supplies especially when they help me use what I already own. So, I ripped open the package and made this page.


 I have been using spray mists almost exclusively these days that I had forgotten how much fun it is to play with the Gelatos.They are so easy to use and blend.



Here's how I made my page:

1. Apply a piece of cheesecloth to a sheet of watercolor paper using gel medium (soft or regular work fine). Set aside to dry or dry with a heat gun.

2. When the gel medium is dry, add a thin coat of gesso. Set aside to dry or dry with a heat gun.

3. Pick the Gelatos you want to use and apply directly to the background. Just color them on like crayons. To make this page, I used Lemon, Lime, Aqua and Metallic Mint.

4. Blend the color using water and a paint brush or your finger. I used both but if you want to keep your hands clean - use a brush.

5. Keep layering and blending color until you're happy. Then set aside to dry.

6. Add your photo, journaling and embellish.

Here is a closer look at some of my favorite parts.







The journaling reads: Ben is a big personality in a small package. He is full of jokes, big facial expressions and drama. He is a sweetie, of course, but no pushover. 

Here's to using new supplies and new colors!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment