Monday 10 August 2015

Done is Better Than Perfect

This month, I am having fun with family and friends who are home for a visit. Hopefully, the weather will hold and we can enjoy the end of summer.  I'll still be around and sharing new content on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays.

This page has been sitting on my desk for ages and I finally decided to bite the bullet and finish it.


It's one that I started as part of a class for my LSS, The Paperie, in September. I loved how the background turned out so I'm still thinking of turning it into a class...we'll see.


You'll notice that my obsession with cheesecloth continues. For this page, I adhered it to the background using gel medium and coated it in gesso so I could add more layers.


And here's another of my favorite things...stencils and modeling paste (Both by Finnabair for Prima). I have been layering modeling paste over things lately. I like the organic and imperfect look especially when I "cook" the modeling paste with my heat gun.


Here's another look at the cheesecloth. I like to pull and tear my cheesecloth out of its original shape. It's easier to create folds and dimension to make it look more interesting.


Another element I have been enjoying lately, is layering lots of pattern paper under my photos and journaling. This isn't anything new to mixed media scrapbookers but it's something that I have been playing with. I simply layer a sheet of paper under my photo and cut around it. Then I add another sheet of paper, and cut around it. I repeat the process until I'm happy with my little stack of pattern papers. It's a simple process but I like it and it's helping me get my journaling on my pages.


And there you have it a little inspiration for your Monday. I hope it helps you finish a page or project that has been hanging around your desk a little too long. Remember what Dina says, "done is better than perfect!"

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment