I started this page by adhering the cheesecloth directly to the paper using soft gel medium using a brush and then set it aside to dry. I find it's easier to control the cheesecloth if I use brush instead of a palette knife.
When it was dry, I added a couple of coats of gesso. I could have put a coat of gesso on the paper before I added the cheesecloth but I wasn't thinking that far ahead - definitely something to try the next time. Then more setting aside and drying.
I let it sit for a few days because I just didn't have time to get back to it and by then all the gesso and gel medium were completely dry. Then I added the color. I randomly sprayed lots of Prima Color Bloom sprays. I have been using these sprays a lot since I got my hands on them late last year. I love the color palette and I love how they blend.
When I finished, the paper was very soggy so I set it aside to dry.
When I came back to the page, I really didn't like it. It was too dark and didn't feel like me. I wanted to lighten it up so I added some white paint on the top of the cheesecloth using my brayer.
I also added a few splashes of yellow - just to experiment. My paint of choice these days is the heavy body paint by Dina from her Dina Wakley Media line by Ranger. I love this paint. I love the colors, the packaging, the texture of the paint - it's great paint.
And here's the page...
I'm not sure if it's finished or not. Maybe it needs some journaling but for now, I'm quite happy to enjoy all that texture. I really don't want to cover it up.
Also, please note that there is absolutely no blue of any kind on this page. That doesn't happen very often so I have to point it out when it does.
Thanks for stopping by!