Thursday 25 June 2015

Checking in With My 2015 Creative Goals

This year, there were a few things I wanted to get done so I decided to challenge myself with some Creative Goals. You can see the whole list here. If you should check out that list, you'll notice that a few things have fallen by the wayside. (Don't worry, cheesecake and knitted socks, there's still time)

Today, I'm thinking about #7 on my list: Read 141 books by my birthday.

June 25_1

That's not going to happen. As of right now, I am reading book #43 and my birthday is in early September.  So...not a chance, really.

I started off strong. I was reading a book or two a week. Then Sam and I started binge watching some television over the winter and I stopped reading.

So, what am I going to do with this goal? I'm giving myself an extension. Yup, I've decided I have until the end of the year like all my other goals. Why not? It's my goal and I would rather work towards that goal than quit - especially when there is no reason quit.

And what am I reading, you may be wondering...Well, right now I'm reading the Flavia deLuce series by Alan Bradley.  I don't have the whole 141 books planned out. I'm just reading what I like and hoping to like what I read. However, whenever I'm looking for a good book I love to see what Modern Mrs. Darcy and Elise Blaha Cripe recommend. Just in case you're looking for some literary inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment