Friday 12 June 2015

Desk Leftovers

Last Friday, I shared a page I made with some shapes that looked like trees. At least, they looked like trees to me. Well, I had one of those shapes leftover so I decided to make a page with it.

June 12_1


This one looks like a feather to me and just didn't fit on the other page. It was sitting on my desk until I put it with the blue doily background and decided to go from there. The background is actually an abandoned gelli plate print that was happily rescued and put to good use.

June 12_3

Before I glued the-once-tree-now-feather shape on my page, I sprayed some Prima Color Bloom Summer Sky and Berry Wine spray ink and other such colors through some of my Prima and Donna Downey stencils. I didn't keep track of the sprays or the stencils - sorry.

June 12_2

Then I sprayed some Summer Sky on my craft mat and mopped it up with some cheesecloth - just because I wanted to see what would happen.

June 12_5

It was fun to just spray ink through stencils without a real plan - to follow the inspiration. I'm an over thinker but maybe I need to spend a little less time thinking and a little more time making. Here's to grabbing the leftovers on your desk and making something.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

2 comments:

  1. this is so beautiful Cathie! I can be an over thinker at times too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete