Monday 15 June 2015

Building a Summer Holiday Album Kit

We very recently booked our summer vacation - yay! Oh, there are lots of plans to make and things to do and one of them is to plan how to scrapbook all the fun we're going to have!

So, allow me to present the first look at my summer holiday kit. I've decided to use the 4x4" We R Memory Keepers album for this trip. I used it last year for documenting my Week in the Life album and for documenting our trip to France in 2014. I love the 4x4 albums. They are small and portable yet big enough to have fun scrapbooking.


June 15_1

I bought all of these lovelies at my LSS, The Paperie, and most of them during the Spring Retreat in April.  I wasn't thinking of this album or our trip when I bought them. We didn't have much in the way of plans back then. Nope, I bought these lovely supplies just because they are lovely.

June 15_2

Many of the pieces are from the Hello World collection by My Mind's Eye -the diecuts, brads, flair badges, Project Life cards and some of the 12x12 pattern paper. I think the brads are my favorite - they are perfect for a holiday album.

June 15_3

These cards make me happy - especially the floral one. I have not decided what I will do with them yet. I can use them as journal cards or cut them up into strips or diecuts. I will figure that out later.

June 15_4

Ah, the diecuts...I am a sucker for diecuts and these are lovely.

June 15_5

These stickers are one of my favorite pieces from the SN@P collection. The sentiments are printed in both black and white. They are a great way to add some details to a page or picture. I think they would also work well right on the page protectors.

June 15_6

There are few "oldies" in this kit, as well.  I pulled the Prima bird clips and the Doodle Bug enamel dots from stash. I would like to use them and I think they will work well with this album. I still have to decide on stamps and washi tape. I may pull something from my stash or I might pick something up. We'll see how it goes.

This is where I have started and as I keep finding things in my stash, I will add them to this kit. Of course, I won't know exactly what I will use until I get back from my vacation.

So, here's to making plans and counting down to holiday time!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


2 comments:

  1. That is just great!! Everything looks so pretty. Thanks for these brilliant ideas. I would love to try this out for our upcoming holiday party. I have found some more interesting ideas for the Holiday Album Kit and would use them with your ideas.

    ReplyDelete