Thursday 5 March 2015

Scrapping on a Snow Day

There is nothing quite like scrapping on a snow day when the boys are playing peacefully together.  It's a rare and precious time when I am not needed to referee or mediate or serve and can slip away undetected and enjoy some uninterrupted scrapping time.

So, I decided to catch up on my 2014 Keeping Track of Life album and made this layout.

March 5_1

The background paper is very old Basic Grey - the Kissing Booth collection of 2011. "Yeay, me!" for using up old product that's been hanging around my stash for way too long.

March 5_4

Lots of layers from my collection of 6x6 paper pads and pieces of doily and threads that are on my desk. That's how I clean my desk - I use up what I like and throw away the rest.

March 5_2

I layered all these layers on top of some light modeling paste from Finnabair's Art Basics line for Prima. I applied it through aTim Holtz stencil - Dot Fade -  with a palette knife then I sprinkled a bit of glitter on the paste. I love adding glitter to light modeling paste. I do it all. the. time.

I also added some splatters of Studio Calico's Mister Huey in Clay. This is one of my favourite Mister Huey sprays ever. In my opinion, it's the perfect neutral. I love it so much I've used 3 bottles of the stuff. I've heard it's been retired and I am going to miss it.

March 5_3

And because once is not enough for me...I repeated the stencil, light modeling paste and glitter and splatters below the photo.

This is when the peaceful playing became rowdy and I had to stop scrapping and do some of the "mom" stuff I mentioned above. Luckily, the layout is done except for the journaling - the story of my scrapping life - and I'm calling it Layout 4 of 52 from 2015. (You can read about my 2015 Creative Goals here and see my Pinterest board here.)

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment