Wednesday 25 February 2015

Inspired by Prima: A Class Round-up


Last Saturday,  I taught my first mixed-media scrapbooking class of 2015. It's one I've been planning and waiting for since discovering the new Prima lines: Finnabair's Art Basics and the Color Bloom Sprays. Sharing all these lovely supplies and the things they can do with my scrappy, mixed-media friends was the best way to spend a Saturday morning.

Last week, I shared a pic of this layout on my blog. You read all about it and see a few more close-ups here.

Feb 16_1

Today, I'm sharing the second layout I made for class. We used the Art Basics Modeling Paste, Heavy Gesso, Clear Gesso, 3D Matte Gel and the Color Bloom Sprays to make this layout.

Feb 25_5

That beautiful stencil is Blooming Florals from Donna Downey's new signature stencil collection which we used with the Art Basics Modeling Paste.

Feb 25_6

We also added two coats of Art Basics Heavy Gesso on top of the burlap Thickers to keep the Prima sprays from soaking in. Here are you can see how beautifully the Color Bloom Sprays blend together. They are so wonderful to use. The spray mechanism on the bottles is user-friendly and low-mess perfect for those of you who don't like inky fingers.

Feb 25_10

I frequently use white watercolor paper for my mixed media layouts but for this one we used a wonderful pattern paper. Here you can see the pattern on the paper through all the mixed media layers. That's one of the benefits of clear gesso instead of white opaque gesso.

My next mixed media scrapbooking class is scheduled for Saturday, April 11 at 10:00 am at The Paperie.  I've already started working on my pages so keep your eyes on my Twitter and Instagram feeds for sneak peeks.

Thanks for stopping by!


Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment