Monday 9 March 2015

A Layout A Week: Layout #2 Confessions of an Over-Sprayer

This year, I am making 52 scrapbook layouts. It's a creative goal that I set for myself in January and one that I want to share on my blog. I'm hoping that keeping myself accountable will keep me on track.

Today, I'm sharing layout #2.

Feb 25_1

I made this layout in January for a class I was teaching at my LSS, The Paperie. I learned a lot while making the layout but it isn't the one I ended up teaching in class.

You see, I'm an over-sprayer. When I spray ink or water, I spray too much. I just can't seem to help myself. And when I was making this layout, I sprayed so much ink and water on the page that the Thickers were actually falling off the page and falling apart.

Here are some of the closeups.

Feb 25_2

I coated the Thickers in Art Basic Heavy Gesso by Finnabair before liberally spraying with the Prima Color Bloom sprays. The white gesso kept all the color from soaking into the burlap and helped the gorgeous color from the sprays show true. If I had sprayed directly onto the burlap, it would have created a darker effect - too dark for my page.

Feb 25_3


So, I took what I learned from making this layout and made a second layout for class. You can find it here or on my Pinterest board here.

I like having this creative goal. It doesn't feel like pressure. In fact, it's a reason - an excuse, if you will - to make time to scrapbook each week. I don't feel guilty about scrapbooking because I'm working towards a goal. And not feeling guilty about making time to scrapbook is awesome!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie




No comments:

Post a Comment