Friday 13 March 2015

Playing With A Few of My Favorite Things

One of my creative goals this year is to make an art journal page each week. Some weeks this is easier to do than others. This week, I decided to just play with some of my favorite things. I had a lot of fun creating this...

March 13_1

You can see a lot of my favorite things here like plenty of cheesecloth and teal blue paint. I ripped and pulled the cheesecloth out of shape and then smooshed into Art Basics Heavy Gesso by Finnabair. Admittedly, blue has been a lifelong obsession and I have more than a few different brands of this teal/turquoise shade. I love them all. This one is Teal Heavy Body by Golden.

I also love bright colors. The many splats are Hero Arts Neon daubers in Orange, Purple, Pink and Yellow. I can't get enough of these daubers.

March 13_2

Another one of my favourites - typing with my vintage typewriter. I tried to feed this page into the typewriter but it just wouldn't fit. Time for Plan B - a scrap of paper and my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher (another fave).

March 13_3

Loads of texture makes me very happy.

March 13_4

Time for the embossing enamel by Stampendous. I love this stuff. This color is called Shabby Blue. Can you see the the white and gold dots/splats on the right? That's from the chunks of white and gold embossing powder and blue glitter that make this stuff so amazing. It is too thick for fine detail embossing like words or flourishes but it is so fun to use and there are lots of colors to choose from. I recommend the golds and silvers - they're amazing!

March 13_5

I made this page in a mere 25 minutes which is super fast for me. I set the timer and worked as quickly as I possibly could. It was exciting and fun to work with a time limit. It forced me to do instead of think. I am a chronic over-thinker. I like to think things over and take my time instead of going for it. Now that I know a timer works for me,  I'm definitely going to try this again.

So, that's it for this week. I have started Pinterest board for my 2015 art journal pages and you can see them here. I hope you will check them out and keep coming back to see how I'm doing.

Have a great weekend!

Cathie

1 comment:

  1. I loved your page. The turquise blue and the neon dots, the cheesecloth, the vintage type writer text. All little details that make a coherent whole :) At first i thought this was a painting and i was surprised to see it as an art journal page. Could work on a larger scale, too.

    ReplyDelete