Wednesday 13 March 2013

The Paperie's March Kit...Part 2


Today I want to quickly share a few more pages I made using this month's kit.  On Monday, I raved about the buttons and patterned paper. *sigh* They are so lovely it's easy to hoard them but I want to encourage you to use them and use them all.

On this page, I layered up 6 of the Jenni Bowlin tags, 5 of the buttons & brads by Crate Paper and punched some hearts from scraps of paper. Then I added some twine (from my stash) to the tags to anchor them to the page.

His Favorite Hat

On this page, I punched oodles of mini hearts from the Sparks paper from Crate Paper's Fourteen collection to create the streamers. I love this silly, sweet picture. I had cropped it for a previous page and didn't use it. I wanted to emphasize the playful feeling without overwhelming the print. 

Travel in Style

I just kept adding hearts to the page until I felt like I had enough. I placed them at different angles to reflect the playful feel of the page. I even added some directly to the cardstock to break up the lines of twine. There are 25 hearts on this page but because they are so small, it doesn't feel crowded or heavy.

Sometimes, it seems like a good idea to save up the embellishments that come in kit or the paper scraps from your favorite paper so that you can make more pages. This is something I have done many times in the past but why not just use them? Next month, there are going to be even more lovely goodies. That's the great thing about scrapbooking isn't it? Lovely new products. All.the.time!

So, consider this an informal challenge...of sorts. Break out those buttons or brads or whatever feels too wonderful to use and use it all up...every last bit. I promise you it is a whole lot of fun.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


2 comments:

  1. Awesome layouts! I love the way you used all the JB tags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love how the JB tags layer up - turns out they're great for boy pages.

    ReplyDelete