Thursday 14 March 2013

Keeping Track of Life: January

As you may or may not know, I had a little fling with Project Life in 2011. It's a fabulous idea and an amazing project but it's just not for me. Sadly, we broke up. I want to do it and I want to love doing it. But I can't and I don't. So, when my friend, Krista developed the idea for a Project Life inspired class I decided to give it a try.

February was our first class and we made 2 12x12 layouts and filled a divided page protector.

Here's the first layout. It's a shot from the toy room/once-upon-a-time-dining-room and into my kitchen. I didn't have a family shot to start the album so I went with the shot of the space where we spend most of our time.

KTOL_LO 2

Here's the second page. This is an interactive one about our love of pajamas. We are always in our PJs or PJ pants when we're home.

KTOL_LO 1

The picture flips up to reveal...

KTOL_LO 1_closeup

The paper is from the Darling Dear collection. I journaled in the speech balloons and added the wood veneer arrows from Freckled Fawn and an Evalicious badge.

And here is the front of my divided page protector page.

KTOL_Jan Div Page A

The picture of Ben playing with trains is another interactive element. I couldn't decide which pictures to use so I used them all! Problem solved.

KTOL_Jan Div Page A_closeup

And here's the other side.

KTOL_Jan Div Page B

I added all the journaling and embellishing for these pages after class.The Evalicious cards are great for this project. They are lined on either side so I only need to use one card per pocket - how perfect is that? And I used my FriXion pen by Pilot so I could erase any mistakes and not waste the card.

It took at least another hour - maybe 2 to finish everything.  And that's on top of the 3 hours we spent in class. Maybe I won't be so "fancy" in February - we'll see. In the end, I love how this turned out and I'm really looking foward to the next class.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment