Monday 11 March 2013

The Paperie March Kit

The Paperie's March kit was released today. It really is a lovely kit. I had a wonderful time playing and creating some pages I can hardly wait to have back and put in my albums.

First up, a page about me. This is the first page I made with the kit using some of my favorite papers by Crate Paper. I have always liked Crate Paper but lately I am loving their lines. The buttons from Acorn Avenue are my favorite buttons ever - no joke! Almost every page has a button - that's how much I enjoyed them.

But enough about buttons, let's talk about patterned paper. I love a patterned paper and the papers from the Fourteen collection also by Crate Paper were drop dead gorgeous. I'm definitely keeping my eye out for more.

I Am A Simple Girl


Next up a page about my boys. This one was inspired by a set of Heidi Swapp Mini Instaframes from her Memory File line. I was determined not to hoard these or save them so I used the whole pack on one page!

Foo Fahs and Yah Yahs

The top 3 pics are Gabriel with his "foo fahs" and the bottom 3 are Ben with his "yah yahs". My guys love their soothers.

The mint chevron paper is from Dear Lizzy's 5th and Frolic line. Dear Lizzy is quickly becoming another of my favorite lines because of papers like this. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the title from white card stock - the font is Pacifico. I use it all.the.time.

Foo Fahs and Yah Yahs_close up

I didn't stick everything down because I like the dimension the letters give the page when they're lifting off. I used Claudine Hellmuth Matte Multi-Medium to adhere my title because it dries clear and matte. It is very forgiving but super strong. Those letters aren't going anywhere!

Foo Fahs and Yah Yahs_close up 2

I added some hearts and a few scraps of paper leftover from a sheet of Dear Lizzy paper. I used most of it to make this page.

Love You

But I kept as many of the scraps as were useful. I love that paper and using it in bits in pieces is a great way to enjoy it.

I added the wood veneer people, house and heart from my stash. The banner strip is the product strip from the bottom of the Dear Lizzy mint chevron sheet. It has the phrase "home is where your story begins" which I thought was perfect for this page about Ben. The scallop strip is from a Crate Paper product strip.

This month's kit comes with the lovely Dear Lizzy 5th and Frolic stamp set. I don't stamp very often on my layouts but I love a pretty set. It comes with the cutest little polaroid/instagram frame with a few sentiments you can stamp and this lovely little phrase.

love you_closeup

I know I'm going to use that one a lot.

So that's it for today.  I'll be back with more pages tomorrow. The Paperie's kit launched today and the store closes at 5:30 so hurry in and grab yours so you can have some creative fun tonight. And there are even some kits available for non-subscribers, too - lucky, lucky!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment