Monday 4 February 2013

Embrace the B-side

Of all the supplies in our scrappy little universe, my absolute-hands-down-favorite is patterned paper. And my love for patterned paper always causes a storage issue. Especially when it's as fabulous as this...

Be Calm_Bside

*sigh*. Very awesome Fancy Pants Halloween paper, don't you think? It's from their Trick or Treat collection and it's about 2 or 3 years old.  I decided it was time to use it and it turns out the B-side is a very non-Halloweeny polka dot print.

So I made this page...

Be Calm

I didn't want a pattern that would overwhelm my photo and I didn't want to fill the page with embellishments and techniques. It's a simple page for a simple picture.

I know, I know. I could have saved the A-side for the "perfect picture". But I really think 2-3 years of waiting is long enough, don't you? If I haven't found it by now when will I?

Now it's your turn, flip over some of those sheets of paper you've been hoarding or saving and see if the B-side is something you can use. 

Good luck and thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


On Mondays, I blog about using up the some of the old supplies that are languishing in your stash. Once upon a time, that paper you pass over and those boring brads and buttons and reams of ribbon once made your scrappy little heart race. And they can again, if you give them the chance. Join me each week, as I work my way through my own forgotten treasures. I promise to share tips and inspiration about how I plan to get my old favorites out of my stash and onto pages. Won't you join me?




No comments:

Post a Comment