Wednesday 7 September 2016

Keeping Track of Life 2016: March Pocket Pages

Today, I am sharing the pocket pages are a part of my yearlong album, Keeping Track of Life or KTOL. It's an album that I am making in a class that I take at my local store - The Paperie. The class is taught by my friend, Krista. In this class, we get together each month and make a layout and a set of pocket pages for a month's worth of photos. I've fallen behind (I usually do in this class) and I'm playing catch-up. 


Sept 7_1

This week, I am sharing the pocket pages that I made to go with the layout we made in class in March. I never got around to finishing the pocket pages until this week.

Here's the layout.

Sept 7_2

Krista designed the layout and picked all the supplies for the class kit. My challenge was to finish my pocket pages using the supplies left over from class and some things I picked from my stash to go with the layout I made in Krista's class in March.

I put all my pictures in the pocket pages first. It took 2 8.5x11" pocket pages to fit everything. That left me with 13 empty pockets that I needed to fill with journaling cards and embellishments.

Sept 7_3

I sorted through the supplies that I have set aside for KTOL class and used Krista's layout as a guide to direct my color choices. Sadly,  the pretty blue papers I used in last week's pocket pages didn't make the cut.

Sept 7_4

I selected these papers to go with the layout. Then I cut up what I wanted to use and slipped them in the pockets. Once every pocket was full of paper, I was able to add journaling and embellishments.

Sept 7_5

Here's a look at the final results.

Sept 7_6

In addition to the paper (above), I also added some Tim Holtz Chit Chat Stickers and old Studio Calico wood veneer stars to my pockets.

Sept 7_7

I purposefully used the pattern paper we used to make the layout on pocket pages.  I had a few scraps left so I also added hearts, circles and stars punched from pattern paper to each spread. This helped tie everything together.

Sept 7_8

Here are some closeups...

Sept 7_14

I didn't have any photos or journaling to add to the see-through pocket below so I decided to make a shaker pocket. The stickers are stuck on the outside and the wood veneer stars are on the inside. I used my Fuse Tool by We R Memory Keepers to seal it shut.

Sept 7_10

Here's what the other side of the pocket looks like.

Sept 7_11

The navy blue heart comes from the text pattern paper by Shimelle - it's on the B side. It was exactly what I needed to finish things off.

Sept 7_12


Sept 7_13

Sept 7_15

I love how these pages turned out. I don't think anyone would know that they were made months apart if they were looking at my album. It took me a little over 2 hours - I think it was 2 hours, 7 minutes to be exact - to finish these pages. It was time well spent.

There is still lots left to do to be completely up to date with this album. I will keep working away and sharing my progress. If you're curious to see what I've been working on the last couple of weeks, you can check out the finished pages below.

January: Layout and Pocket Pages
February: Layout and Pocket Pages
May: Layout and Pocket Pages

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment