Wednesday 6 July 2016

Let's Make a Travel Album: The Supplies

Last week, I started working on the travel album for my recent trip to France. The first step for me is about getting organized and I shared the steps I use to start a new album.

I now have all my pics printed and ready to go in my album.

July 6_1

I have also combed through my stash and pulled the supplies I want to use in this album. I didn't buy anything new because I have lots of supplies. This is a great opportunity to use some of my lovely supplies.

July 6_2

These enamel dots and paper clips from Freckled Fawn are the color inspiration for my supplies. I like to have a color palette for an album like this because it helps unify the whole thing.

July 6_5

July 6_3

There is a little bit of everything in there - Freckled Fawn, Bella Blvd, Teresa Collins, Pink Paislee and Crate Paper. Using the enamel dots as a reference, I was able to combine products from different manufacturers to create a kit of supplies that works together. I also selected products made from different materials - wood veneer, cork, metal, etc... because a variety of textures creates visual interest.

July 6_4

July 6_6

In the second basket, I'm storing a few more embellishments and my stamps. For some one who doesn't call herself a stamper, I sure have a lot of Kelly Purkey stamps.

July 6_7

Labels are essential. They're great for layering and journaling.

July 6_8

July 6_9

Some stickers...just in case.

July 6_10

This is my collection of travel embellishments. It's a mish-mash of products from many different manufacturers and collections. I just keep adding travel embellishments here and pick what I want when I need it. I do love picking through little collections of embellishments.

July 6_11

Last but not least, I have selected some washi tape from my stash. I picked washi that coordinated with the enamel dots but were different from each other. That way, I have lots of options while I'm scrapping.

The whole point of picking through my supplies and making a kit for this album is to limit the amount of time I have to spend finding supplies. I make it a rule to stick to the supplies in the kit. Of course, if you know me then you know that I will happily break that rule if I have to - like if I know I have the-perfect-thing-in-that-bin-over-there. So, I guess it's more a guideline than a rule.

This week, I'll start putting my album together. Next Wednesday, I'll come back and share my progress.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Cathie


1 comment:

  1. Love this. Great plan! Can't wait to see the album! I'm starting one for Portland/Seattle and I like to go about my process a little differently but with a similar 'kit' idea.

    ReplyDelete