Monday 17 August 2015

Scrapbooking Vindicated

Last week, I had one of those moments when I felt like my scrapbooking was vindicated. I scrapbook for my own joy because I do love this hobby but I love that moment when some one is flipping through one of my scrapbooks and they get it.

I was showing my nieces the scrapbook I made after a family trip to Ontario in 2009.


Back in 2009, I had planned to scrapbook on the road but that didn't happen. Instead, I enjoyed the holiday, took way too many pictures and finished the album when I got home. Here's a look at some of the pages from this album.





The girls loved looking at all the pictures and hearing the stories about them that are in the album and I loved sharing it. I absolutely scrapbook for my own joy but being able to share it...well, it's a great feeling. I don't scrapbook to experience that feeling of "yeah, they get it" but I certainly relish it when it comes along.

And that brings me to Week in the Life. It's the project that is totally awesome with a little bit of what-have-I-gotten-myself-into thrown in. It starts today and I wasn't sure if I was going to play along this time. I have family in town and we are not in any kind of a routine or schedule. Plus, we go on vacation in less than 2 weeks - there is so much to do and I won't be able to work on the album until we get back. And did I mention my washing machine is broken???

But...but I just can't let it pass me by. I just can't miss one of my favorite scrapbooking projects because I'm "too busy". So, I'm grabbing my pens and cameras and diving in. I'll take as many photos and notes as I can and put it together later.

Sharing that old vacation album with my nieces reminded me that while I like making scrapbooks,  I also like having a record to look back on. I like seeing the pictures and stories paired together. Maybe I forgot that for a little while.

So, here's to an inspiring and vindicating moment. And here's to creating and capturing many more.



Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment