Tuesday 9 June 2015

What I'm Working On

On Friday, I shared an art journal page and decided to spend at least 10 mins art journaling everyday. I figured that I could squeeze in 10 mins and it turns out that I can. You can see what I'm working on each day by following me on Twitter and Instagram.

Today, I'm sharing a little of what I've been working on since Friday.

June 9_1

 A background made with a little Tim Holtz's Cracked Pistachio with some Mermaid Lagoon Distress Spray on some watercolor paper.  Then I typed some journaling about our day on Saturday on a doily. I was curious to see if I could type on the doily and I was delighted to discover it worked out well.

June 9_2

Here's another page I've been working on. I've been building up that background for a while.

June 9_3

And then today, I added some color. I ran out of time and set it aside to dry.

June 9_4

I like to work on lots of pages at a time. I add a layer, then set it aside to dry. If I get stuck on an idea, I set it aside to dry. Then I can pick up another page and add another layer.  It helps me make the most of my creative time.

So, that's what I've been working on this week. I am determined to find 10 mins every day to throw some creativity on my art journal pages and then share my pages here on Friday.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie




No comments:

Post a Comment