Thursday 18 June 2015

My Favorite Color...

During a recent class, some one (a some one who had never taken one of my classes before) asked me, "What's your favorite color purple?"

June 18_2

June 18_3

I was stumped.  I stood there trying to think what color of purple I would call my favorite.

June 18_4

June 18_6

After what seemed like forever with no answer sight, some one piped up and said, "Blue! Blue is her favorite color purple."

June 18_8

We all had a good laugh because it's true. I have more blue paper, paint, ink spray, stamp pads - you name it - than any other color. I am drawn to blue in a way I cannot explain. It works for me. It makes me happy. So, I use it all the time to make pages like this.


June 18_1

Sometimes, I fight against my love of blue. Sometimes I feel like I need to try something new. It's fun to try new things and stretch yourself creatively but there is nothing in this world quite like making art using your favorite color.  You know what I mean.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie



No comments:

Post a Comment