Monday 25 May 2015

Week in the Life 2014:Monday

I did it! I finished my Week in the Life album at The Paperie's Spring Retreat a few weeks ago. Yay!

This week, I'm going to share the whole thing one day at a time. It's going to be a whole week of daily blog posts. There is just too much for one post about this project.

The story of Week in the Life 2014 begins with a bit poor planning on my part. This year, I knew I would use a We R Memory Keepers 4x4 album but I did not think about how many page protectors I would need. And not thinking means I didn't order my supplies before Week in the Life started. By the way, that was Bad Idea #1.

I hoped the page protectors would get here by the end of week but no...they were back ordered!

I had all the pictures printed to fit a 4x4 album. That was Bad Idea #2 because I couldn't change my mind and pick another album size without wasting all those pictures.

No problem. I decided to improvise and just use what I had on hand. That was Bad Idea #3.

I tried to make the album work but it was just awful. I decided to put it aside and wait for my supplies to arrive and I am so glad I made that decision. I am very happy with this album and I love the 4x4 size. Let's take a look at how Monday turned out.

WITL 2014_Mon 1

WITL 2014_Mon 2

One of the things I love about Week in the Life is the opportunity to take pictures of the things I see every day and do something with them. This is the view from my front deck. I see it every day when I see Gabriel and Sam off to school and work.

The We R Memory Keepers 4x4 albums come with these 2x2 divided page protectors. This is one of the ways, I used them in my Week in the Life album.

Here's the flip side of that page.

WITL 2014_Mon 3

You may have heard me talk about the poor lighting in my living room at the beginning and end of the day. It drives me crazy but a lot of our life happens there. When I have poorly lit pics that I want to use, I convert them to black and white.

WITL 2014_Mon 4


WITL 2014_Mon 6

WITL 2014_Mon 7

WITL 2014_Mon 8

The hashtag Thicker was one of my favorite finds for this album.

WITL 2014_Mon 10

I loved it so much, I used it again. I would have repeated it more often in my album but the Thickers only had a few hashtags. I would love to find a hashtag stamp that I could use more often in my pocket scrapping. I think it's a fun way to add a piece of popular culture to my album.

WITL 2014_Mon 11

And here's another divided page protector. This is a different tree that I see everyday of the year. It's just outside one of my living room windows.

And that was Monday. You'll see a lot of things that I started here pop up again and again in my album. Partly because I like to use the things I like and partly because that's just good design.

I hope you'll stop by tomorrow and throughout the week to see how the rest of my album turned out.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie






No comments:

Post a Comment