Friday 15 May 2015

Still Art Journalin'

At the beginning of the year, I set myself the challenge to make an art journal page a week.

I have wildly ignored that plan and have absolutely no intention to get "back on track". Art journaling is not about "plans" or "planning". At least, not in my world. Nope art journaling is about  playing and experimenting. It is about doing.

And that brings me to this page.

May 15_1

I was working with a glaze in my favorite color - Dina Wakley's Turquoise - when Ben handed me this red tag that he had made. So, I used it and some of my other favorite things.

May 15_4

Favorite things like thread and cheesecloth...

May 15_5

and drywall tape with round holes...

May 15_6

and Hero Arts Neon Daubers.

May 15_3

Yes, all my favorite things all layered up together. It's a loose and easy experiment in collage. 

May 15_2

It was a chance to follow the unexpected - the tag made by Ben - and see what would happen if I used it. And what did happen? Well, I had fun and Ben was so happy I used the tag. The whole thing from start to finish was joyful.

May 15_7

Yes, I'm still art journalin'. How could I stop?

Thank for stopping by!

Cathie

1 comment: