Monday 18 May 2015

All Done: December Daily 2014 Part 1

One of my Creative Goals for 2015 was to finish my 2014 December Daily. I finished it at The Paperie's Spring Retreat a few weeks ago.

I started putting my album together in December and decided to make a mixed media album. My plan was 25 mixed media pages during one of the busiest months of the year.

Big mistake.

Instead of reveling in creative goodness, I was bogged down and overwhelmed. I got carried away with an idea when what I really wanted was a finished album.

So, I abandoned the idea of making every page a "work of art". I picked up my pocket pages and it all came together for me. First, I put all my pics and ephemera in the pockets. I had taken pics and notes during December so I knew what went where. Then I filled in any gaps with pattern paper and added my journaling. It took a whole day - like 12-14 hours but I am so. so. happy it is done.

Here's a look at the first half of my album. You can click on any of the pictures to see closeups.

DD May 18_1


DD May 18_2

DD May 18_3

DD May 18_4

DD May 18_5

DD May 18_6

DD May 18_7

DD May 18_8

DD May 18_9

DD May 18_10

DD May 18_11

DD May 18_12

DD May 18_13

DD May 18_14

Most of the supplies come from the Freckled Fawn Very Merry Embellishment kit. Anything else, like pattern paper or washi tape, came from my stash. Actually, some of the washi tape came from my stash and some from my friend, Wendy's stash.

Please check back on Wednesday. I'm going to share the second half of my December Daily.

Thanks for stopping by today.


No comments:

Post a Comment