Sunday 28 September 2014

Sending Smiles: Mixed Media Cards


Last week, I shared the first of a few mixed media cards I made a little while ago. Today, I want to share another card I made using a combination of old and new supplies.

Sept 29_3

Here's how I made it...

1. Cover watercolor paper with a sheet of tissue paper. I started with an abandoned background that I had started on sheet of watercolor paper.  I covered it in tissue paper using Liquitex Fluid Matte Medium. I crumpled the tissue first to get lots of wrinkles and texture. The card front is 4 x 5 1/4".

2. Layers of gesso.  I added a couple of layers of gesso to make sure none of the under layers were peeping through.

3. Stamp. I stamped randomly with the Friend definition background stamp by Hero Arts and Archival Black ink.

4. Add paper layers.  The paper layers are from a sheet of pattern paper from Amy Tangerien's Ready, Set, Go collection.  I have been fussy-cutting up the shapes and using them here and there on projects. I popped some of them up with foam dots for dimension.

5. Stamp your sentiment. The "Sending Smiles" sentiment is from my new Shoot for the Moon set from Hero Arts.

6. Embellish.  The embellishing on this card is pretty simple - airplane paperclip from Studio Calico.

7. Mount on card base. I love how kraft card bases look with my mixed media cards. This one is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.

Here's a closeup...

Sept 29_4

This was a very easy card to make and it's not too thick or heavy. Definitely a great one to put in the mail.

It has been really fun for me to take my mixed media techniques and supplies and put them on cards. I love how they're turning out and I also like that these cards are one-of-a-kind. I've always liked giving unique gifts and these cards are a great way to personalize any gift.

If you have any questions about products or techniques, please a note in the comments and I'll get right back to you.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment