Thursday 9 May 2013

It's time for a two-fer

Today, I'm sharing two of the layouts I made using The Paperie's May kit and some of the artsy supplies from my stash. This is a big one so grab a beverage and let's get started.

This pic started as a 4x6 that I cut down to 4x4 and then matted it with a scrap of feather paper left over from yesterday.  I like to use photos that I have on hand whenever I can rather print extras.

Hugs

This page is a little grungier than I had planned but sometimes you just gotta go with it. I sprayed my-go-to Studio Calico Mister Huey Clay and added Heidi Swapp Color Shine Mint Green spray. I wanted a calming monochromatic page to go with my photo.

I added some modeling paste through Rhonda Palazzari's Confetti Stencil. I love hearts so this stencil is a favorite of mine.  I love the dimension that modeling paste adds to pages but I found the white too stark so I sprayed it with more of Heidi's Mint Green mist.

Hugs_closeup 2

 There are cream colored pearls in the kit that I quickly altered with some Copics. I used BG34 and BG13, if you're curious.

Hugs_closeup 1

I also added some butterflies around the page. They are from Maya Road and come on a stick pin but I didn't want the pin to show and I couldn't cut it off. Not even with my Tim Holtz scissors. So, I changed plans and stuck the pins through the paper and it worked great. I put a piece of scotch tape on the back to keep the pin in place and from poking through anything.

Finally, I added stamping and more pen-work/doodling.

Hugs_closeup 3

Those teeny-tiny hearts are from the stamp set that was released with Amy Tangerine's Ready, Set, Go collection in the fall. I'm not sure if you can still get it but you can get equally tiny hearts in other sets like the Lawn Fawn Ever After Critters set. I stamped the word "hugs" (from a Hero Arts set) in Hero Arts Shadow ink - Wet Cement. I stamped the hearts in Pool and Neon Blue, also from the Hero Arts Shadow ink line.

And here's the second page for today.

Our Fave Color

Oh, yes, it's blue because I can only make so many pages that aren't blue. You know what I mean? And to be fair, it does show that the pieces in this month's kit can work with supplies in your stash.

Our Fave Color_closeup 2

First, I painted some Liquitex Matte Gel Medium on my page and let that dry. Then I sprayed with some of the new Dylusions Calypso Teal.

It's fabulous. In case you were wondering.

Then I sprayed the ink with water to get it to blend and move around and that's what gave me the resist effect you can see above.

Our Fave Color_closeup 3

Then I layered paper,  and embellishments around my photo.  And, of course, more pen-work and SC Mister Huey Clay splats.

Our Fave Color_closeup 1

And here's my title block.

If you're still with me - kudos to you. That was a long one. I hope you're planning some creative time with your May kit. It's perfect for Mother's Day which is fast approaching!

And don't forget to check out my other posts about my pages this month.  You can find them here and here.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie





No comments:

Post a Comment