Thursday 18 April 2013

This Was You: the Undones

Each week, I blog about projects that aren't quite done.  Maybe they need some journaling, or photos or a complete overhaul.  I call them "the Undones" and I have a box full of good intentions - literally! In this series, I pick a project, finish it and share the results. I'd love it if you would play along and share a link to your newly finished project in the comments.

This week, I'm sharing a page I started in Sara's Yearlong Class. Each month, I get together with scrappy friends at my LSS, The Paperie, and we make a couple of pages.

I started this page in March's class, it was originally a 2-pager but I decided to make 2 1-pagers. The problem was that the 2 pages looked like they should go together but because of the photos I chose they really didn't. It was a bit confusing. So I left one page with the cream cardstock and took this one apart and decided to try something different. Here's my final page...

This Was You

The biggest change was the background paper. We used a cream cardstock in class but I substituted the woodgrain/chevron paper from Echo Park's All About a Boy collection.

Then I added some stickers from some older Echo Park collections. I'm always trying to bash my stash. And lots of enamel dots by My Mind's Eye, of course. 

This Was You_closeup 2

Here's another closeup. You can really see the wood grain on that background paper.

This Was You_closeup 1

And here's a peek behind the scenes, so to speak. Isn't this a great way to use up scraps?

This Was You_behind the scenes

In class, we cut into papers of our new collection pack. It's only the second class so we don't have any scraps yet but I think this would be a great way use up the scraps in my overflowing scrap basket. I still have one page left to finish from class - I'll share that one next week.

Thanks for the inspiration, Sara. I'm looking forward to class this Sunday.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome Cathie! Love how you're really making the LO's your own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sara! You know me - always wildly chasing some crazy idea or other. : )

    ReplyDelete