Thursday 11 April 2013

Keeping Track of Life: February

Keeping Track of Life (KTOL) is a monthly class taught by my friend, Krista at my LSS, The Paperie. It's a Project Life inspired class. Each month we get together with our pictures and make a layout and fill out a divided page protector with pictures, ephemera and stories.

I finally finished my KTOL February pages this week. I admit it, I was procrastinating. Last weekend I determined to finish it all up. I made some coffee, put on some fun tunes and did just that.

I start each month with a page from my art journal calendar. (You can read more about my plan to make my own calendar here and see my post about this page here.)

KTOL_Feb_1

Here's the first side of the divided page protector.

KTOL_Feb_3

The picture of the fish is from our school field trip to the Fluvarium. I love having flip up elements when I can't decide on a single picture.

KTOL_Feb_4

And here is the back side of the page...

KTOL_Feb_6

This month, I kept Ben's Valentines and some things that he made. I added his initial to the 8.5x11" page protector - just in case I forget who made what.

KTOL_Feb_7

I have one for Gabriel as well. This is something I do every month. I am that mom - you know the one that hates to throw out things her kids make.

KTOL_Feb_8

Here is the layout we made in class. I only needed to add the journaling so it was quick and easy to finish.

KTOL_Feb_9

This left me with the B side of the 12x12" page protector. I decided to make another page. It's about Gabriel's 100 Days of School project that Sam "helped" him make.

KTOL_Feb_10

I think I am starting to get the hang of this kind of memory keeping. I definitely see the value of it and understand it's popularity. So, I'm going to give myself time to figure this out. I've been traditional scrapping for years so I've got a process in place but that doesn't mean I can't learn something new and enjoy discovering a new process.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie



No comments:

Post a Comment