Wednesday 20 March 2013

Ben turned 2 & I made a mini book with Kelly Purkey!

Last weekend, Kelly Purkey came to town and spent the weekend hanging out and teaching at my LSS, The Paperie.  We had wine and cheese on Friday night then a crop on Saturday night. And, of course, all day Saturday and all day Sunday were full of classes taught by Kelly Purkey, Krista and Sara.

I couldn't make the Saturday classes because my sweet little Ben turned 2.

Ben is 2

He loved every minute of the day: the family time, the treats, the visitors and the birthday cake. He was a happy boy. And I learned something new about him, this boy can open presents faster than anyone I've ever known. He had everything open in about 2 mins. True story.

On Sunday, I was ready to get creative with Kelly Purkey and my friends.  The morning started with Sara's class featuring the Tim Holtz Distress Paints. It was great fun to get inky and painty. (Sara posted pics of all the tags we made on her blog yesterday. You can see that post here.)

Then after lunch, I made this mini album with Kelly Purkey.

KP Mini Book


It features the 6x6 papers from Maggie Holmes' first collection. I love this collection so much.

Maggi Holmes Paper Pack

Isn't it lovely? Here are some of the papers we didn't use.

Maggi Holmes Papers

It's tempting to hoard them but I'm so excited to use them. Not sure what though. Maybe another mini book? Maybe just a little bit on every page for the next little while..?

Anyway, my plan is to work on this mini book over the next week and share some more pics next week.  If you look closely, you can see that I've started laying out some pictures.

KP Mini Book_WIP

I don't want this book to sit on ye old Undone pile so I'm going to start working on it right away and see what happens.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment