Monday 26 November 2012

Approaching Minimalism

Hey Friends,

Today is the 1st official post on my blog of my new project: Approaching Minimalism.  It's something I'm working on to get the supplies I love and have been hoarding out of my stash and onto my pages. My goal is to make or share a page each week that features something the lovelies that have been hanging out in my stash for far too long.  I launched my project in my guest blog post last week on Krista's blog. You can read it and see my layouts here.

So, onto today's layout.  I made this one at The Paperie's Fall Retreat a few weeks ago. I took The Paperie's October kit and added some old Halloween supplies from my stash and this is what I made.

Ben's First Halloween_edited-1

The background paper is from October Afternoon's Witch Hazel collection and came in the kit but just about everything else Halloweeny is old. The pumpkins on the bottom of the page are from a dollar store. I'm not sure how old they are but I did use the whole pack (yay).  I bought that glittery pumpkin I used for a title block, at a store in Ottawa over 2 years ago! And, finally, the bats are old too.  You have to admit that's a lot of old inventory on one page but it's easy to mix old and new seasonal supplies.

Well, that's it for this week. Now, it's your turn to dive into your stash and use up some of that old product you've been hoarding. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie



No comments:

Post a Comment