Thursday 4 October 2012

the Undones: Journaling

note: on Thursdays I blog about projects that aren't quite done.  Maybe they needed some journaling, or photos or both.  I call them "the Undones" and I have a box full of good intentions. In this series, I pick a project, finish it and share the results. I'd love it if you would play along and share a link to your newly finished project in the comments.

So, after a long break, I'm ready to get back to "the Undones". And I have a confession -I don't always get around to journaling on my pages.

I believe the story is the heart of every page. It doesn't have to be heavy or thought provoking but I believe it is there. Whenever I'm not sure what the story is for a picture or page, I think "what would I tell some one about this page/picture?" That usually helps me find the story.

But sometimes I don't write that story on my page.

Sometimes I just want to get on to the next picture or that new kit or that new spray or...

So, I have a few pages that need to journaling so I can move them into an album.  And today's page is one of those pages.

Men, Boys, Toys


Most of the supplies came from The Paperie's August kit but I did add some buttons and some embellies from October Afternoon's Rocket Age collection. I love that collection and I'm trying to get it all used up instead of letting it languish in my stash.

I bet you're wondering how many more layouts need journaling. Well, I counted and there's 10 layouts.  I'll keep working on them and post them as I get them done.

So, what about you? Do you have a pile of pages waiting for you to get the story down? Or do you just call them done and put them in your album? Let me know in the comments. I'm curious to know how you all deal with Undone pages or if you have any at all.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment