Wednesday 19 September 2012

Paperie September Kit: With You

Hey, hey!

Another day, another page made with The Paperie's September kit.  This page is one of my favorites.  The pictures are of Gabriel playing in the ocean at Gooseberry Beach, Placentia. We spent a day there in July and it turned out to be the best day of the summer.

The page started like this...

New Kit_Step5a

...and in the end, looked like this.

With You

It's a simple page but I really didn't want to do much embellishing or journaling.  I wanted the pictures to tell the story of how wonderful the day was and how much fun Gabriel had playing in the ocean. I don't think he was dry the whole day. All he wanted to do was splash in the waves.

Here's a closeup...

With You_close up

Can you see the splats of  Mister Huey Calico White on my photo? That was not supposed to happen but I'm ok with it.  If this had been a closeup, I would have taken the pictures off the page or covered them.

This is also a great shot of two of my favorite things right now: flair badges and text stickers.  Both of these are made by Cosmo Cricket and I used them on a lot my layouts this month.

Here's another close up...

With You_close up 2

...of more text stickers!  My title is definitely unconventional on this layout.  I didn't want the SC wood veneer stickers to blend into the background so I created a little cluster of elements.   This is also a great way to stretch your letter stickers or work around missing letters.

Thanks for stopping by!

Have a wonderful day!

zove

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment