Thursday 13 September 2012

Paperie September Kit Club...Part 1

hey friends!

Sorry to be MIA again. We're still trying to get ourselves sorted out after hurricane Leslie hit on Tuesday. Let's just say, it's been a bit of a trial this week. So, let's not talk about that and talk about The Paperie's kit for September.

The kit is chock-a-block full of goodies once again.  Enough stuff to make 5 pages and one mini book. And I have a 6th page in the works with enough bits and pieces left over to make one more page or I might just break it up and put away.  We'll see.

Anyway, here's my first page...

That's Mine_1

First, I misted the background with some Studio Calico Shine and the Balzer Designs for Crafter's Workshop Chevron Stencil (12x12). I love that stencil.  Then I layered up some of the papers from the kit to create a mat for my pictures.

I made the arrows from the chevrons in this patterned paper from My Mind's Eye, Indie Chic Citron collection.  This page is actually about the teddy bear that is in both pics and I wanted to draw attention to him instead of the kids. So, I made my own arrows.  Some washi tape, letter stickers and a journaling card (all included in the kit) and this page was done! As you can see, my doodling obsession continues. I can't seem to make a page without doodling on it.

Here's a close up.

That's Mine

If you look closely, you'll notice that the edges of my papers are not straight and that's because I don't use my trimmer very much anymore. (I'm such a rebel, I know.) In reality, I was frustrated with trying to make my edges perfectly straight. I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea but I think it suits my style and adds interest to the layered parts of my pages.

Well, that's it for today.  My plan is to come back tomorrow and share some background I made last weekend in my art journal...fingers crossed that works out because I really want things to settle down and get back to normal.

Thanks for stopping by!

zove

Cathie

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this layout! What a perfect use of the chevrons, bringing focus to the pictures... brilliant. :) Thanks for playing along in our 'We're So Trendy!' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I love your blog and I'm a big fan of Simon Says Stamp, too. The Simon Says Stamp blog is great for information and inspiration!

      Delete