Tuesday 17 July 2012

Paperie July Kit Club: Sneak Peek

As promised, here's a look at one of my projects using The Paperie's July kit. This month, the kit has lots of Studio Calico's Heyday Collection (including badges, wood veneer cameras/people - yays!). There's also a Dear Lizzy stamp set and pack of the cutest little chipboard elements, a chipboard alpha, some My Mind's Eye trim, buttons and some DooDads from October Afternoon. 

So, here's my first page.

Sneak Peek_3

All the paper is from Studio Calico's Heyday collection.  I love these papers so much I cut them up when I could to stretch them out a bit.  I also love love love the wood veneer cameras. You'll see them on almost every layout I made this month. And finally, the cassette tape diecut is from October Afternoon's Cakewalk Doodad package. I hope some one is working on wood veneer cassette tapes. That would make my 80's heart so happy.

Sneak Peek_1

There are a couple of things on this page that aren't in the kit. Like the paint dots. I used some Jenni Bowlin for Ranger paint dabbers in Speckled Egg and Lemon Drops and some Claudine Hellmuth Studio Classic Teal paint and the end of a paint brush to make the dots. I also used my new Starburst stamp from Studio Calico/Hero Arts and some clear embossing powder.

Sneak Peek_2

I cannot believe that that little boy has grown up to be a not so little boy who is starting school in September. Ack. 

So far, I've made 5 pages with this kit and there's a lot leftover. Stop back tomorrow and see some other pages I've made with The Paperie's July kit. I have lots to share.

Thanks for stopping by!

zove

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment