Tuesday 24 April 2012

and I'm back - just in time for Week in the Life!

well...kinda.

It's been a crazy bunch of days and of course, it all happens on the week when I'm supposed to be recording it all for Week in the Life.  *groan*

To quickly recap, I came down with something late Saturday/Sunday and although it's hanging on I think I'm mostly over it.  To put it in perspective, I didn't have any coffee for 3 days.  Seriously.

So now what? 

Well, I decided to go ahead and start Week in the Life yesterday along with everyone else but here's the hiccup - I have no plan.  That's right I have absolutely no idea how I am going to pull it all together into something meaningful.  Last year I used a Smashbook which was great but it got too bulky.  I was going to make my own album the weekend but...well...

This is the first time I've ever taken on a project this big without a plan.  So we'll see how that goes.  In the meantime, I'm taking pictures and making notes because really that's all I need to build an album, right?  I have let go of my expectations and I'm going to see what happens. It's actually kinda scary but as this is only memory keeping and not life and death, I'm sure it will be ok.

So, in the spirit of WITL.  Here's a glimpse of what my Monday looked like.


DSC_0434

Mac in the middle of everything...


DSC_0446_edited

Chillin' on the couch...


DSC_0444

Thank goodness for these sheets from Ali Edwards - the creative genius behind the whole thing!

DSC_0448

Ben's new thing - shoes on his right hand.  It cracks me up! I know there's going to be a layout about this!

And that was Monday.  Tuesday is turning out to be much more successful and hopefully the week will continue to improve.  Whatever happens I'm happy to be a part of the Week in the Life experience.  This is one of my favorite projects of the year and I would hate to miss it.

Thanks for the inspiration, Ali.

zove

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment