Tuesday 23 June 2015

Here's Why I Don't Clean My Stencils

Whenever I take or teach a class and stencils is on the supply list, I always bring all of mine. I have a lot and I like to share. There is a catch of course, if you use my stencils you'd best be prepared to use dirty stencils because I never ever clean the ink off mine.

The reason? So I can make things like this...

June 23_1


I'm not one of Julie's "Dirty Girls". Nope, I'm a lazy girl. You see, I don't want to stop mid-making something and clean my stencils. No, I want to keep going. I want to make the most of every creative minute I get and that means no stencil cleaning.

June 23_2

Do you see all that gorgeous blending of color? I love how all the blues, purples and pinks all blend together. Each shape is different combination of colors - no two are the same.

Well that, my friends, is because I don't clean my stencils.

June 23_3

When I'm rewarded with such a pretty, happy accident my resolve to never clean my stencils is only strengthened. In fact, it makes me want to dirty my stencils on purpose and see if I can recreate something like this. Maybe someday...

June 23_4

To make this card front, I used the Art Basics Modeling Paste by Finnabair for Prima and pulled it through a  much loved Crafter's Workshop stencil - Messy Circles by Dina Wakley TCW310. The paste activated the Dylusions sprays that had dried there et voila.  In case you're curious, the Dylusions sprays you see there are Funky Fuschia, Calypso Teal and After Midnight - one of my favorite combos.

To finish this card, I mounted it on a coordinating blue card base and typed the sentiment on my vintage typewriter and cut it out. I made it into a banner and popped it up on some foam tape for so more dimension - because you can never have enough dimension.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie






No comments:

Post a Comment