Tuesday 14 May 2013

I made a Fast and Fabulous page and You Can Too!

All you really need is one great photo.

This page came together so quickly because it started with a hilarious picture of my sister and Ben. I know not every photo is going to be "the best" but sometimes, I'm lucky. Sometimes, I have a photo that is strong enough to carry a layout all by its self and it doesn't need fancy embellishing or techniques. It's wonderful all on its own. And the good news is, we all have photos like that in our stash. And, it turns out, these are the photos that make for fast scrapbooking.

Hello Gorgeous

I paired my photo with that lovely patterned paper from Echo Park's All About a Boy collection. Then I cut the title using the Pacifico font and my Silhouette Cameo. You can download it for FREE here. I cut each word twice - once with white cardstock and again with a pattern paper. Then I offset them and stuck them down.

Hello Gorgeous_closeup 2

Finally, I added some Studio Calico wood veneer stars. I like to get a pinch of stars and then drop them on the page. If I don't like how they look, I pick them up and try again. When I'm happy, I glue them down with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte Multi-Medium in the 1/2 oz bottles. These little bottles are perfect for sticking down any kind of wood veneer. If you don't have a bottle, you need one.

Hello Gorgeous_closeup 1

I could have added more layers and embellishments and techniques but why? I didn't want to overwhelm my photo and I really didn't have a lot of time.  I'm definitely not a fast scrapper so not many of my pages come together this quickly but it sure helps to have a great photo to get the process started.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment