Thursday 19 July 2012

the Undones: an Artful Journal

note: on Thursdays I blog about projects that aren't quite done.  Maybe they need some journaling, or photos or both.  I call them "the Undones" and I have a box full of good intentions. In this series, I pick a project, finish it and share the results. I'd love it if you would play along and share a link to your newly finished project in the comments.

Hey, hey!

A few months ago, I took a class at The Paperie where we made this wonderful mini book with lots of techniques and full of Tim Holtz products.  All it needs is pictures and journaling.

Artful Journal_1

I knew what I wanted to do with this mini book but just never seemed to make time to do it. That is until last week when I planned to work on this album. Unfortunately, I couldn't find my pictures and then I got my new iPhone and I ran out of time.

This week, as I sifted through my pictures I realized that they weren't the right size for what I had in mind. Another roadblock. Another delay.  I'll admit, I thought about putting this project aside again.  But I twiddled and I fiddled and I think I figured out a plan that will work with the pictures I have on hand.

Here's what I have so far...

A cover page...

Artful Journal_2

And some pages about the St. John's Santa Claus Parade.  I loved Gabriel's reaction when he realized that Santa was finally coming.

Artful Journal_5

Artful Journal_4

Artful Journal_3

I'll admit, I haven't done much with this book besides plan and paste pictures but now that I know what I'm doing I hope this project will come together quickly.

Before signing off, I want to say a big thanks to you, dear reader.  Knowing that somebody is checking in to see what I'm working on has been immensely motivating, inspiring and encouraging. Each week I hope to show you that is possible to finish the special projects we have left undone for one reason or another. I want to inspire you to tackle your own pile of Undones. But I know that I would never have a picked a project from my Undone pile (let alone finish it) if it weren't for you. Thank you.

zove

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment