Wednesday 18 July 2012

Paperie July Kit Club: Sneak Peek 2

Hey, hey!

I'm back today to share another page I made using The Paperie's July kit.

Sneak Peek_6

This layout uses the same Studio Calico papers from the Heyday collection that I used in the layout I shared yesterday. I feel like I could have a stack of those papers and never get tired of them.

Anyway, this page is all about Ben playing peek-a-boo. It's something he's been doing for ages and he still thinks it's hilarious. It's so sweet.  Whenever he pops out, he says "Hi Ya". So, the title for my page was obvious.

Sneak Peek_4

To make the speech bubble, I laid my title out on white scrap paper and then drew out my speech bubble with a black pen. Then I cut as close as I could using my sharp detail scissors. I was inspired by all the Silhouette die cuts I've been seeing lately but it has a more handmade feel that I like just as much. I'll definitely use something like this again.

Sneak Peek_5

There's another one of Studio Calico's badges and a wood veneer camera. I put the badge on pink button. In part to try something different with the badge and also to tie in the pink from this element from October Afternoon...

Sneak Peek_3

This is not a color combination I would ever think of but trying new things is one of the best things about kit clubs. And I do love trying new things.

That's all I have for today.

Thanks for stopping by!

zove

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment