Monday 23 July 2012

Paperie July Kit: "True Story"

pssst... I have family in town for the next couple of weeks so I'm not going to be in blog-land as much. I always tweet new blog posts so come follow me on Twitter. I'm also the newest Instagram devotee so you can follow me there if you're wondering what I'm up to while I'm away.

Hey, hey!

I just wanted to quickly share another LO I made with the Paperie's July kit.


Sneak Peek_8

Ben has not had much fun with teething and he's cutting his molars right now. He's as pleasant as pie during the day but he's not sleeping through the night.  He wrinkles his nose when he's really chewing on something which is too cute not to scrap. So I did!

To make the Polaroids, I used the Lawn Fawn stamp set, Say Cheese. I stamped the Polaroid on the back of the patterned paper and cut it out using my sharp scissors. Then I cut out the center using my X-acto knife and Tim Holtz ruler.  Then I laid the Polaroid frame over the picture and fidgeted until I was happy.   Once my frame was stuck to the picture, I cut off the excess.

For the title,  "true story",  I arranged the letter stickers that came in the kit and misted with Studio Calico Mister Huey Calico White.  The Studio Calico badge (which I love) came in the kit, too. Finally, I doodled a white line all the way around the page.  I think I did that on all my pages from this kit. It's one of my favorite things to do these days.

This is the closest I can come to a clean and simple aesthetic.  Although, I guess the spray ink means it's not really clean, right? Whatever it is, I love it. I had planned to add journaling under the title but once it was done I felt the pictures told my story and didn't need any help.

Well, that's it for today.

Thanks for stopping by!

zove

Cathie





No comments:

Post a Comment