Tuesday 15 May 2012

Design Team projects...Day 2

hey, hey!

Here are a couple more of the pages I made for this month's Paperie's kit club, Star Bright

First up,

DSC_0880_edited

I was inspired to make the Polaroid frames by Krista and a demo she did at the Retreat with her  2" punch. A lot of my childhood pictures are Polaroids so I wanted to try this out.  I used a bunch of wallet photos I had left over from my Week in the Life project but just wasn't finished scrapping.

I'm particularly proud of the pinwheels though because I made them using washi tape and the 2" squares I punched out to make the Polaroid frames. I just couldn't throw all those little squares away so I covered them with hearts and clouds washi from my stash on one side and the red stripe washi that comes in the Star Bright kit.

Next up, 

DSC_0876_edited

This page came together pretty easily.  Probably because I love that picture - it is so typically Sam.  This is also from my Week in the Life. I printed this one a bunch of different sizes because I knew I was going to use it more than once - this is a 5 x 7.  The text is from the Jillibean Soup journaling block I cut up.  Finally, I used the ampersand stamp from Hero Arts, SC Mister Hueys in Dark Calico and White Calico, and the Jillibean alpha.  I'm thinking about using this in our kitchen when I get it back.

I'll be back tomorrow to share the layouts that finish up my Lay Out a Day challenge. Thanks for stopping by.

Have a good one.

zove

Cathie









No comments:

Post a Comment