Monday 16 May 2016

Week in the Life: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday Photos and Words

Last week, I participated in Ali Edwards' Week in the Life Project. I have been participating for years and I still love this project. If you're curious about this project you should head over to Ali's site for all the details. 
 
Another Week in the Life all ready for the album. I have photos to print and stories to document but I am ready to do both. I have already shared some my Monday photos. Over the next two days, I'm going to share some of my favorites from the rest of the week.

I used my iPhone 6 exclusively this year. I have used a mix of DSLR and iPhone pics in the past but I decided to use just my iPhone this year. I wanted to try something different and it was easier because I always have my phone with me and didn't have to remember to bring it along. The pics are the perfect kind for this project - random and candid. I believe in Week in the Life because I want to capture the details of our life right now. Things like our coffee cups, what people are wearing, what the house looks like and what we do everyday. I want to show how those details are a part of who we are as individuals and as a family.

Tuesday

On Tuesday, I took 63 pics. These are some of my favourites in no particular order.


Gabriel eating one of his staples - Honey Nut Cheerios.  I am lucky that my kids get a kick out of posing for photos. They were always ok with me snapping away. They even suggested some shots that I should take.


I caught our Havanese puppy, BG, being a puppy. He is only 8 months old is still prone to destruction.


I took Ben to the local YMCA. They have a bouncy castle that they inflate on Tuesday mornings. He loves to go and it's good for him to practice making new friends. He starts kindergarten in September so I stand back and let him figure things out. I'm trying to hover a little further away these days.


Abstract watercolor flowers are my new thing. I hesitate to say "obsession" but I am obsessed.


I snuck in a little reading time while Gabriel was doing his assigned nightly reading. He actually loves reading and is a big fan of the usual 8 year old boy stuff - Geronimo Stilton, Big Nate and Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I just like hanging out and reading together.


Ben's happy Costco discovery and our first official Freezies of the year.

Wednesday
 
On Wednesday, I took even fewer pics -  a mere 51. It's funny how 51 doesn't seem like many photos. It's part of the WITL effect, I think. I won't use them all but I'd rather have too many than not enough. 


I have been taking BG for walks first thing in the morning. This is the only way I manage to fit it in. If I leave it until later in the day, I'll just put it off or things will get too busy. It's a good practice and he loves it.


After puttering around at home, I took BG in the car with me to pick up Ben from preschool. I like that he is small enough to take most places with us. He fits perfectly between the two boys in the backseat.


Cinnamon raisin bagels are another of Gabriel's staples. He usually has them a couple of time each week for lunch. I often say that he's going to be a cinnamon raisin bagel when he grows up.


A look at the kitchen table after Ben and I finished lunch. I had to mend his favorite PJs after lunch - hence the needle and thread.


I love, love, love selfies. I am always taking them with the boys. They are clowns, of course.

Gabriel has started music lessons this year - piano and voice. He is really good about practicing and is doing so well.

Thursday
 
Thursday was a really busy day for us and I took 48 pics.


I started the morning by volunteering in the library at Gabriel's school. This is one of the highlights of my week. I love seeing the kids and chatting with the teachers. I also pop down to see Gabe at recess. He loves it when I come to his class.


Gabriel also had a school concert this afternoon. I spent a long time in line to get a "good" seat - hence the shoe shot.


Ben spent the morning with my mom as he usually does and he and Sam met me at school. We took some more selfies to pass the time.


We went home after school and I took a few minutes to paint a little bit. These pieces require lots of layers and it often works best when they have a chance to dry for a few hours or overnight.


Finally, I spent the evening with friends at my LSS, The Paperie. I attend a month class - Keeping Track of Life. We call it KTOL and it's taught by my friend, Krista Wells. It's great to hang out and scrap.


I will share the photos from Friday, Saturday and Sunday tomorrow. I'm starting to put my album together this week and will share updates as it comes together. If you have any questions, please leave a note in the comments.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie




No comments:

Post a Comment