Wednesday 18 May 2016

Gathering Inspiration for My Week in the Life Album



I'm still in editing photos and not quite ready to put together my Week in the Life album. Once I have all my photos printed, I will put them in pockets and then create a kit from my stash to use in my album.

I know the stories I want to tell but I'm always looking for ways to tell those stories. I'm always looking for inspiration. Maybe you're same and are looking for inspiration too. If so, here are some ideas that I loved and want to use in my album.

1. I love how Ali Edwards used tags in this post and made her own journaling cards. I like mixing handmade with store bought journaling cards.

2. I like how Jess Forster includes reflections in her blog posts. This would be a great way to tell a story that doesn't have a picture.

3. I also love Caylee Grey's minibooks. The way she combines pattern paper with other supplies makes me happy. I would love to have my WITL album look as pretty as her minibooks.

4. I discovered Emma from Create The Simple on Jess Forster's podcast, Pocket Talk. I like how she combines her photos and journaling cards using a color palette. It's very striking and unifies all the elements on her pocket pages. This is something I did with 2015 Summer Vacation album and it makes pulling supplies and putting the album together a lot easier.

5. I have been painting a lot of watercolor florals lately. I thought it would fun to incorporate some watercolor lettering like Amy Tangerine and Jen Kinkade.

There are so many inspiring people creating so many beautiful projects it can be easy to get overwhelmed. There's no harm in looking as long as I remember that done is better than perfect.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment