Monday 24 November 2014

Christmas Card Conundrum

So...are you making any Christmas cards this year?

I'm still trying to decide and here's my problem. I think this scrapbook page...

Nov 24_1

...is a great starting place for some Christmas cards. It would be easy enough to do.

First, I need to alter the background paper that I cut into strips.

1. Spread some Prima 3D Matte Gel through a stencil on some patterned paper. Set aside to dry or dry with a heat gun.

2. When dry, add a coat of gesso. Set aside to dry or dry with a heat gun.

Nov 24_2

3. Cut the paper into different sized strips and start adhering to background paper. I used 140 lb Canson watercolor paper and Soft Gel from the Prima Art Basics Line by Finnabair.

4. Spritz with spray ink. I used the Prima Color Bloom sprays in Glistening Waves.

Nov 24_6

5. Add splashes of India ink and Studio Calico Mister Huey.

Nov 24_7

6. Then embellish...

Nov 24_4

...and embellish a little more. You can see a little of the Art Extravagance Crackle Paste (clear), I used to make this page in this pic. It's a beautiful effect but takes a while to dry so I may or may not use this step when making cards.

NOV 24_3

Sounds easy enough, right?


I don't make hundreds of cards to send through the mail but I do like to make some - it's a nice way to share my art. So, maybe I will make some cards this year after all. Now that I have a plan, it seems a shame to waste it.

So, what about you? Are you making cards this year? Have you tried to make mixed media cards? Leave a link in the comments if you've shared them online - I'd love to see what you've made.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment