Wednesday 29 October 2014

Our Tuesday: Week In the Life

Hello Friends!

Here are some of my favorite photos from Tuesday.

Tues_1

That's my life with a gamer boy, friends.

Tues_3

My first cup of the day.

Tues_4

Our only maple tree sure is lovely this time of the year.

Tues_5

Ben just getting up. He loves those pajamas.

Tues_8

He painted a pumpkin in those PJs.

Tues_9

And he made faces in those PJs. They are clearly Buzz Lightyear PJs but he calls them Boba Fett pajamas and he wears them all. the. time. If he's not wearing the one of two pairs of these PJs that we own then he's wearing a pair of PJs from the "B" pile. That's definitely something I want to capture in this album.

Tues_10

This is the state of my desk right now - eeeeeep!

Tues_12

Those toes...

Tues_13

that smile...

Tues_14

that's my Benny.

Tues_15

The story of clutter continues in the kitchen.

Tues_16

Right now, the apples taste so great. I can't get enough of them.

Tues_17


Tuesday is the one day out of our week when we don't have to be anywhere or do anything in particular until Gabriel gets out of school.

The rest of our Tuesday was pretty routine - pick up Gabriel from school, head to gymnastics, groceries and then home to make supper, homework and bed. I don't have pictures but I'm ok with that. I'll capture it with journaling.

I want to collect all the information before I tell some of the stories of our week - like a collage of the food we ate this week, the video games Gabriel is playing, what we wore all week (sweatpants or PJs or jeans) and how the boys love to eat mini muffins but not the same kind. I want to combine big picture stories with stories of the mundane instead of favoring one over the other.

I think the big picture stories will be richer and more interesting if I tell them when the week is over. It would be even better if I could shift my focus to include all of us. What are we, the parents, wearing/eating/doing/watching?

This is part of making my WITL different. I'm trying to figure it out as I go along because I can't help but wonder what my finished album will look like if I'm more thoughtful about the stories.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie








No comments:

Post a Comment