Friday 10 October 2014

Dare to be Different: Art Journal Page

Hi Friends!

It's Friday and thank goodness! Don't you agree? I have a bright and textured art journal page to share today.


Oct 10_1

It all started with my usual collage of book paper and coat of gesso. Then I added some drywall tape and punchinella and another coat of gesso.

Oct 10_2

Then I added piles and piles of Finnabair's 3D Matte Gel by Prima through one of her stencils. It was awesome. Then I set it aside to dry.

Oct 10_3

For color, I started with Dina Wakley Heavy Body Paints by Ranger. I can't get enough of Turquoise or Blackberry Violet. The look so great together.

Oct 10_4

Then I used the Hero Arts neon pink and purple daubers to make those neon splats.  I am a child of eighties and love neon! Making these big messy splats was lots of fun and great for getting rid of stress.

Oct 10_5

The sentiments are from a pack of Cosmo Cricket Tiny Text phrases. It gives the look of a vintage typewriter and they're so easy to use.  I like to include words on my journaling but my super textured pages don't always lend themselves to writing so stickers it is!

I chose "Dare to be different" and "Follow your dream". Just a little reminder for me.

Oct 10_6

And that's it for me for another week. It's the Thanksgiving long weekend here in Canada and I couldn't be happier.  I hope to take advantage of the holiday Monday and get some extra creative time in this weekend.

I hope your weekend is wonderful and creative.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie






No comments:

Post a Comment