Monday 5 August 2013

How to Put a In Mini Book in a Mini Book - Part 1

I'm still working away on my vacation mini. I must confess, my mojo is at its lowest in the summer so this project is taking a little longer than usual. No pressure though, right? My goal with this project is to scrap the day to day events in the book and then scrap the bigger stories as 12x12 layouts. 

As always, I'm having a hard time selecting which photos to use because I want to scrap them all. Last week, I shared how to add extra pages to the Dear Lizzy coil bound daybook. You can see how I did it here. Today, I'm sharing another way to add lots of pictures and that's to add a mini book inside a mini book.

It started with this page that is bound in the book. I added the Kelly Purkey stickers from her summer kit.

Mini in a Mini_1

And then you turn the page to find the mini.

Mini in a Mini_2

And then you fold out the pages, like this...

Mini in a Mini_3

and this...

Mini in a Mini_4

and this...

Mini in a Mini_5

 until all the pictures have been revealed.

Mini in a Mini_7

This idea came to me from my friend, Krista and her Keeping Track of Life class.  We used this flip out technique on a 12x12 page but I scaled down the project to fit my book and 3x3 photos. It was really easy to do and there's room for lots of pictures and some journaling (that I have yet to do).

I have another mini in a mini idea to share later this week. So, make sure to check back.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie




No comments:

Post a Comment