Monday 3 June 2013

It's June already?

 Oh, my my my!

Things are busy, busy, busy with the end of school coming up fast. Time to get summer programs and vacations organized and still leave time in the schedule for visitors to visit and for some spontaneous fun to happen.

I'm also working, working, working. And one of the many projects I'm working on right now is a new class for The Paperie called 7 Layer Layouts - Part 2. This class is completely new content - new pages, new techniques and using some products you might have in your stash and some you might not.

The pursuit of new content means I make a lot of pages to get the class projects just right. Here's one that I was working on for class but decided not to use.

Challenge_closeup 1

I really loved that background using my favorite Balzer Designs stencil, Blazonry, layered over another favorite, the Dina Wakley Spilled Hearts stencil.

Challenge_closeup 2

Because I wasn't using it in class, I decided to do a little stash bashing on this layout.  The scraps of patterned paper are from Amy Tangerine's Sketchbook collection and the Thickers are from her first collection with American Crafts.

Challenge_closeup 4

And what's a page without a little journaling? I usually write notes to my boys. I'm trying to get better about writing on the page instead of hiding the journaling so it's easier to find and read. I'm not sure if they're going to look for hidden journaling (if they ever look at all) but I am pretty sure that if they have to take a page out of the album to read it they're not going to put it back...ever. So, on the page it is.

Challenge_closeup 3

And here's the whole page...

Challenge

Sometimes a simple page is just as much fun to make as a super fantastic showpiece, don't you think?

By the way, registration is open for my class and all you have to do is give The Paperie a call to save your seat.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment