Monday 10 June 2013

Index Card A Day 2013...

...or ICAD started on June 1 and I've been ICAD'ing along, too.

Last year, my first, ICAD felt impossible and I stopped after 32 days. Honestly, I was surprised I had made it that far. It didn't help that we had the best summer ever. I made lots of memories last summer but not much else. This year, the weather is more typically rainy and grey so there's that.

DSC_0944

I'm putting all my cards on a ring again. Last year, they didn't get lost in my messy space and I liked that. It was also easy to take them all with me and share with my friends who were also doing ICAD. I liked that, too. Then, when I finished ICAD, I put them in a decorative bowl and was able to enjoy them throughout the year. So, on the ring they go!

Here are my cards so far...

Day 1: This is a leftover sample from a class I've been working on.

ICAD_1

Day 2: I stuck down a bunch of leftover stickers on this card. Then covered the whole lot in gesso and colored with some pink and red Gelatos by Faber Castell. There's also a little Barn Door Distress Paint on the edges. The quote is from Donna Downey's Empowered Words stamp set. I've been using it a lot so I hope you like it!

ICAD2

And here's a closeup of that lovely dimension.

ICAD2_closeup

Day 3: Some Broken China Distress Paint on Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap Paper collaged onto a card. Then I made a single modeling paste cloud using Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's 6x6 Clouds stencil and added some Studio Calico wood veneer birds and a quote.

ICAD3

Day 4: This one is modeling paste through Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's 6x6 Pomegranate stencil on Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap Paper on a card.  I'm not sure how I got the red - could be Gelatos or Distress Paint. But I am sure that there is some gold paint and some Black Soot Distress Paint on there.

ICAD4

And here's a closeup.

ICAD4_closeup

And that's it for now. I still have more cards to share and my goal is to get those up tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

8 comments:

  1. Have to say, I really love all of these cards and it's a great idea to put them on a ring. Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meghan. I'm hoping there will be lots more!

      Delete
  2. omg...these are truly beautiful! I adore quotes and these are some really good ones. love the texture and dimension of your 'numbers' card...and the raggedy texture of the newspaper background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dianne. I've been having a lot of fun with ICAD this year. Let's hope the mojo lasts the whole 61 days. :)

      Delete
  3. your cards are lovely and I really like seeing those close ups... great viewpoint...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracey. I've been trying some new angles with my camera so thanks for the feedback!

      Delete
    2. Holy mother of goodness. I LOVE your cards!! Love. These are all fabulous, love the colours and texture and everything. LOVE. The quotes you are using are all fantastic as well. Very inspiring to stop by. I am looking forward to seeing all your cards! :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the comment and feedback, Natasha. I'm so glad you enjoyed my cards and found some inspiration.

      Delete