Thursday 2 May 2013

Take on Me: the Undones

I like to blog about projects that aren't quite done.  Maybe they need some journaling, or photos or a complete overhaul.  I call them "the Undones" and I have a box full of good intentions - literally! In this series, I pick a project, finish it and share the results. I'd love it if you would play along and share a link to your newly finished project in the comments.

Time to share the second page I made in Sara's Yearlong class in February. You can see the first page here. It's really interesting (at least to me) how 2 pages can start in the same place and end up looking completely different.

Take on Me_YL2013_Feb

In class, we used the Balzer Designs Diamond stencil and black Archival ink to create the border. I added some Studio Calico Mister Huey Clay mist and Twinkling H20 splats and some stamps.

Take On Me_YL2013_closeup 1

The patterned papers are from the For the Record - "Tailored" Collection by Echo Park and are part of the class kit. Except the hearts - those are from the 6x6 paper pad from Maggie Holmes' collection. I made them at home by spraying the music note paper with the Dylusions Post Box Red and punching out the hearts.

Take on Me_YL 2013_closeup 2

From my stash, I added the Thickers, the Mini Market stickers and all the other little bits and pieces. I have to be honest, that title took quite a bit of fiddling and adjusting.

And in a little stash bashing action, I used my KP wood mounted stamp, which I won when Kelly Purkey visited The Paperie a few weeks back. I love that sentiment and like to use it. (You can see it on another page, here) I figure the only way to get better at using the stamps in my stash is to use the stamps in my stash. Pure genius, right? Right!

Take On Me_YL2013_closeup 3

And that's another page from the Undone pile, my friends. It doesn't take much time or effort to finish a page. The hard part, at least for me, is choosing to finish a page. Once I make the choice, the rest seems to fall in place.

Now it's your turn, grab a page or project or card and finish it off. Then share it! Put it in a gallery or on your blog and then link me up. I'd love to see.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment