Saturday 25 May 2013

Art Journal Calendar: May

Oh my, the month of May has been a lot of a whirlwind for me. I'm finally getting around to sharing my May art journal calendar page.

I wanted to try something new with my Dylusions ink sprays so I sprayed the ink directly on my craft mat and picked up the color with a wet brush - sort of like a hydrus watercolor. Or at least, how I imagine a hydrus watercolor would act.

I started with a pink background with a little tone on tone spray through Dina Wakley's Eye Chart stencil.

May Calendar_5

 But, of course, I had to have some blue. I doodled a flower using a Sharpie and colored it blue with the new Dylusions Calypso Teal ink spray.

May Calendar_4

Then I colored the leaf using the new Dylusions Dirty Martini.

May Calendar_3

And here's the final page...

May Calendar_6

I've had a bit of everything going on this month. We've had birthday parties, family visiting, doctor's appointments and of course, all the regular school and life stuff. May has just flown by and June is just right around the corner. Again I say, oh my! 

Hope you're making room for some creative time in your busy schedule.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment